As the market is slowly recovering, we've been HODLing what we believe has the highest potential to grow 1000x (besides Play-to-Earn NFT Gaming tokens). HODLing is a great way to earn and survive the bear market as it's not reliant on timing the market itself and has been a proven track record for those who HODL cryptocurrency over the last couple of years. Without further ado, here are our Top 5 Cryptocurrencies to HODL this year for long-term investment!
- Cronos (CRO) - layer-1 network*
- Price: $0.41 - Many crypto analysts compared CRO to BNB (Binance Coin) because they have similar features and how Binance grew from cents to $600+. CRO is following the same direction and/or better. Marketing-wise, CRO is very aggressive and volume-wise, catching up with Binance. As of this writing, BNB is trading at $407.48. It started at around $0.1 when it was launched last 2017. Also, getting the Crypto.com VISA Debit Card will give you a minimum rebate of 2% for every transaction, an excellent source of passive income. If you're interested to learn more about CRO's VISA Debit Card, please check our post from this link.
- Quick Info (Source: Crypto.com); CRO coin is the token for the Crypto.com platform. It has 3 main functionalities, trading, payment, and financial services. CRO coin holders will enjoy discounted fees, higher earnings for lending, and priority services. Cardholders having CRO will also be entitled to additional perks such as rebates, airport lounge, and rewards. It also has its own blockchain, where it acts as a cross-asset intermediary settlement layer using CRO.
- Cardano (ADA) - layer-1 network*
- Price: $.97 - usually compared to Ethereum, Cardano is the brainchild of Ethereum co-founder Charles Hoskinson, who left Ethereum after disagreeing with Vitalik Buterin's designs on keeping that blockchain non-profit. Cardano has made a name in its own right—but with ADA during a months-long bear streak, 2022 could be a make-or-break year.
- Solana (SOL) - layer-1 network*
- Often dubbed "the Ethereum killer," SOL is currently trading at $93.17 while Ethereum is $3,012.39. Solana crypto is a high throughput blockchain based on the Proof of History (PoH) and Proof of Stake (PoS) consensus. Solana aims to become the blockchain infrastructure for modern internet applications.
- Baby DogeCoin (BDOGE) - meme cryptocurrency in Binance Chain and Ethereum
- Price: $0.000000002852
- Baby DogeCoin is a meme cryptocurrency designed to be deflationary and more scarce over time. All holders of Baby Doge will earn more baby doge that is automatically sent to your wallet by simply holding Baby Doge coins in your wallet (this is called "reflections"). Baby DogeCoin holders automatically receive a 5% fee from every on-chain transaction on the Baby Doge ecosystem. The community gets more baby doge coins from the costs generated by each transaction. Baby Doge is dubbed the next SHIB or Shiba Inu Coin, as SHIB exploded last 2021. Tons of meme coins were born, hoping to follow the same success of SHIB. However, with all the meme coins in the crypto market today, what we like about Baby Doge is the reflection, and historically, it was able to beat SHIB when it comes to the number of HODLer at 1.4m+
- HODL Token (HODL) - a token in Binance Chain
- Price: $0.000000003797
- HODL is a financial services company founded in San Francisco, California, in 2021. It is the entity behind the HODL token. This community-driven digital currency can act as a high-yield savings account that allows users to earn rewards every day either in HODL Token or BNB. It's a good source of passive income in any market condition as you're rewarded by simply holding your token. To learn more about HODL Token, we created an introduction from this link.
Bonus: Croge Coin and Bitgert (BRISE) are new tokens that we closely monitor. To learn more, we've posted about BRISE from this post.
* Layer 1 refers to a base network, such as Bitcoin, BNB Chain, or Ethereum, and its underlying infrastructure. Layer-1 blockchains can validate and finalize transactions without the need for another network. Making improvements to the scalability of layer-1 networks is difficult, as we've seen with Bitcoin. Source: Binance Academy
NOTE: This is not financial advice. Please take your time to check our disclaimer, and do your own research.