Last Update: March 13, 2022
Here at Memetaverse.net, just like everyone else interested in Play-to-Earn (P2E) games, we are also curious about the most lucrative P2E games in the market, and sadly as we test and discover new games, we experience rug pull ourselves. Despite its audited (e.g., CertiK), tokenomics, doxxed team, has a strong community, professional site, support, etc., there's no stopping a game developer/s from rug pulling their project (as of this writing), and sadly last year, most of these rug pull games are in the top 10 performing games in the market with more than 100k players and/or investors!
A rug pull is a type of crypto scam that occurs when a team pumps their project's token before disappearing with the funds, leaving their investors with a valueless asset.
Rug Pull NFT Games/Project:
- Coin to Fish
- Cryptomines - it relaunched Cryptomines Reborn
- Squid Game
- The majority of NFT Games using Oracle System (in a nutshell, Oracle tries to stabilize the in-game rewards based on the actual value of the token, the concept is great, but it is not sustainable in real-world application) are a red flag based on our experience, it is not sustainable, and developers can do fake pumps to increase the price and create FOMO (Fear of Missing Out).
- Click-to-earn game and/or text-based games with almost no effort in creating a game, please don't get us wrong, before P2E games, there are impressive text/web-based games like Archmage, Pokemon Crater, The Ninja-RPG, and these games has the foundation of what's a real game is from the storyline, battle system, etc.
- Too many "paid" influencers in YouTube and social media (even the game hasn't proven anything yet)
- Overmarketing and cinematic game trailer that doesn't deliver nor non existing in the actual game (probably stolen CGI shorts from legit games)
- Using popular games and/or movie titles and adding "-killer" in their game and their goal is to kill the wallet of their investors and players, sadly adding the word "crypto" and "meta" in the game is getting nerve-wracking too.
- Detailed roadmap and almost none are delivered, a whitepaper that shows a lot of promise, but they can't deliver with tons of excuses and delaying tactics